CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Sunday, October 29, 2006

It has been awhile

It has been awhile since I've posted a recipe...or cooked from a recipe for that matter! I have no picture...yet, but I will take one and add it later. These were super good and hubby and I have snacked on them way too much today.

Ginger Spice Cookies From: Chatelaine, November 2006 Issue, submitted by Karla Cogghe of Chatham, Ont. Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 7 - 10 minutes Yields: 40 - 45 cookies (mine must have been larger, I got about 30 total)

INGREDIENTS: 2 cups all purpose flour 2 tsp baking soda 1 tsp each cinnamon and ginger 1/2 tsp nutmeg 1/4 tsp salt 1 egg 3/4 cup vegetable oil 1/4 cup molasses 1 cup packed brown sugar 1/3 cup granulated white sugar

DIRECTIONS: 1. Arrange over racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat over to 350F (180C). Lightly spray of coat 2 baking sheets with oil. In a medium bowl, using a fork, stir the flour with baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. In a larger bowl, beat egg with a fork. Then beat in the oil and molasses. Using a wooden spoon, beat in brown sugar until evenly mixed. Gradually stir in flour mixture until well mixed. 2. Place granulated sugar in a small bowl. Pinch off about 1 tbsp of dough and roll into a ball. Then roll in sugar until evenly coated. Place on baking sheet. Continue with remaining dough, placing balls at least 2 inches apart. 3. Bake on 2 racks in preheated over, switching positions of sheets halfway through baking, until cookies begin to crack and set around edges, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove baking sheets to a cooling rack. Let cook on sheets. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 5 days or freeze up to 1 month.
*****
As I stated above, these were REALLY good. I love a moist cookie and spice cookies have to be one of my favorites. It has been a busy week and this morning I realised the clocks went back and I was up at 5:30 am, the new time and needed something to just ground me, I decided to do a little baking before the rest of the clan was up for the day. I am a Chatelaine subscriber and had done a speed read on the newest issue as my Mom was here Friday night and I knew if she spied it she would want to take the magazine home with her. This was the only recipe I REALLY wanted so I scanned it into the computer and sent her off with the actual paper copy.
***I've edited this post on the 3rd of November to add the following photos...

0 comments: