CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Cowboy Cookies

COWBOY COOKIES
From: Ontario Seniors Golden Oldie Recipes – May 2000
Recipe submitted by: Eileen Porteos, #902 Torbolton Pineland Seniors of Antrim, ON
1-cup brown sugar
1-cup while sugar
1-cup butter or margarine (I used margarine)
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt (which I omitted)
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups rolled oats
½ cup chocolate chips
Mix well in order given. Drop by teaspoon on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 – 18 minutes. Makes 6 dozen. (I got almost 4 dozen in total). **This lady is 94 years old (in 2000 – so if she is still alive she would be 100 years old!) and still makes all her own bread, cookies, squares, etc.!**

**********************

Cameron has a class party on Wednesday and I volunteered to supply one of the snacks. These sounded good and go along with the Crazy Country Christmas theme from their Christmas Concert. I may also tackle some Snowballs (if I do I will post the recipe, but basically a coconut mixture wrapped around a large marshmallow).
These cookies are good with crispy edges and chewy middles. My guys usually like a really soft cookie but these were good for a change, they reminded me of Snickerdoodle cookies that my Grandmother makes with crispies rice cereal in them.

0 comments: