CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Friday, December 01, 2006

A stolen recipe...

Again, I stole another one! Well, I didn't steal it actually, just used it to make supper last night! I read this on The Cookbook Junkie awhile back and thought of it yesterday when I had gotten ground beef out for supper. VERY tasty and I would make it again. Now, I freelanced alot as I only had one pound of beef so I just played until I had enough sauce to cover the burgers I had made.

Hamburger Special
Home For The Holidays Volume 7
Holiday Recipes Copyright 2002
1 (14-ounce) bottle ketchup
1 ½ cups water
½ cup sweet pickle juice or ¼ cup cider vinegar
1 ½ cups finely chopped onions
¼ cup prepared mustard
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
3 pounds ground beef
2 tablespoons salt (which I omitted)
1 teaspoon pepper

Combine ketchup, water, pickle juice or vinegar, onions, mustard and Worcestershire sauce in large saucepan. Place over low heat and cook slowly while preparing hamburgers. Mix ground beef, salt, and pepper and shape into 12 hamburgers. Place hamburgers in hot sauce and cook gently for 2 hours or more. Serve with buns, coleslaw or salad, potato chips and pickles.

*****

These were really good, Cameron wasn't overly impressed but he did eat one. Curt took the leftovers for lunch today so we will get his opinion later.

2 comments:

The Cookbook Junkie said...

I'm glad you enjoyed these. I got them out of a little pamphlet cookbook that I picked up at a yard sale but later I found the exact same recipe, word for word, in an old Southern Living annual (from around 1970). I might have to make these again soon.

Unknown said...

any nutritional info, ladies? Any way to low carb it, you think??