CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Waffles Anyone?

I realised the other day that I had not posted a recipe in a while, mostly because my DH thinks I’m bonkers to be taking pictures of our supper so I have to try and “sneak a peek” or do the pictures later. I don’t like doing the pictures later because the leftovers never look as good as the meal itself did. So, this morning I made waffles for the first time in a long time and thought I would take pictures of the second batch I made to freeze to eat later this week. I’ve been trying to get more fibre rich choices into Cameron’s diet and Caleb even enjoyed one of these, minus the butter and syrup of course. Cameron loves my waffle maker (Hamilton Beach WaffleStix) because we can break them into sticks and he can then dip them and eat them with his fingers. Whole Grain Waffles From: The recipe book that came with the maker. ½ cup flour ½ cup whole-wheat flour ½ cup quick cooking rolled oats 2 teaspoons baking powder 1 ¼ cups milk 1 tablespoon oil 1 egg In a large bowl, mix together the flour, whole-wheat flour, rolled oats and baking powder. Set aside. In a small bowl whisk together the milk, oil, and egg. Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Pour batter onto waffle baker. Makes 3 cups batter (about 6 waffles).

*****

1 comments:

Wendy said...

I made waffles for Sunday morning breakfast too! They were so delicious - topped with maple syrup and fresh fruit - yummy.