CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sometimes....

I really do love my job...here is an example. For those that are new to my life/blog, I work for a Live Performing Arts Complex (The Grand Theatre) and we are currently under renovations. Thus, I've been displaced to City Hall for the time being. We also have just as many shows on sale thru the Box Office but they seem to be from the smaller, local groups. But the other day I had been receiving numerous phone calls to the Box Office regarding John McDermott (one of the Irish Tenors) that he had posted on his website that he was coming to Kingston and we were selling the tickets. I have no idea about this so I go browsing online to his website... Sure enough there it is on there, and me with no information. So I go hunting for a contact for his agent to see if I can track down more information. I call one agent (whom I'm familiar with) and they did not do the booking...so more digging and I come across another agent with only an email address, so off I send a message. About 10 minutes later my phone rings....it is JOHN MCDERMOTT himself calling me back! He had booked himself in for the show and did not realise that the venue and our box office were not linked! But he called and talked to me as if I was his best friend in the whole world! I LOVE MY JOB! **EDITED on November 13th - John has unfortunately had to cancel his performance :-(

6 comments:

AnnMcD said...

Wow!

Alberta said...

Is his phone voice as good as his singing one? I'm so jealous of you, you lucky girl!

Lynn said...

Nice job! I wish I had some of those perks that go along with it!!

Kathy A. said...

Lucky you. I'll bet his voice would melt butter. And did he melt yours?

Beatrice said...

What a wonderful thing to have happen..I really enjoy his music.
I will look at his website.
He does look as good as he sings!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Rebecca what a cool perk for your job!