CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

***SIGH***

Well, I've been trying to remain lowkey everywhere, but it doesn't seem to be working well so I figure I may as well come on here and spill my guts... I have high blood pressure...like REALLY high, let's just say normal is anything below 120 over 80 or 120/80 and my lowest reading in the last week is at least 20+ points over normal for both pressures. So I have drastically changed my diet to be low sodium, low fat...I've added in as much water as I can hold and I have been walking as much as humanily possible. I've also been aiming at increasing the amount of sleep I've been getting by 15 minutes every night until I can get up to 7 or 8 hours (right now I'm lucky to get 5 or 6). So if anyone has any other ideas how I can get these numbers lowered before I have to be medicated - I'm all ears.

5 comments:

Alberta said...

Rebecca, try and reduce the stress in your life. I know that's hard to do because life is stress but perhaps try some relaxation techniques and meditation. I like Deepak Chopra's approach and his soothing voice. Your library may just have some audio books - check it out! Good luck!

Beatrice said...

Oh Boy...I can only say you need to try, try,try, to take some stress out of your life.
More stitching would be good.
It sounds like you are doing all the right things now ,eat healthy and get sleep. Can you go to bed with the boys... early!???
Take care of YOURSELF and the rest will fall into place.
Good luck and good health.

Kathy A. said...

You are doing everything right my girl. Just be patient!

Chiloe said...

You should check the Dr Weil websites: it gives free advices for a lot of problems ;-)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Gosh, take care of yourself Rebecca we're making a great pair lately! If you want to run away for a weekend of rest and stitching, just say the word!