CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Nothing like a deadline to motivate!

DH and I have had plans to paint our livingroom for most of the summer, and yes, it is now October. On Thursday night we decided to do Thanksgiving dinner with his family at our house to change things up since losing GG Hicks. Friday, when I arrived home from work at 7pm, he informed me that we were painting this weekend!
Off to Napanee we went to get ceiling paint as well as the last of the food that I would need in order to put the meal on the table for Saturday evening.
Then the boys were put to bed and DH and I moved everything out of the livingroom. I then made two pumpkin pies and the cranberry sauce while DH painted the ceiling. Here are a couple of "before pictures" with everything moved out of the room (and sorry, the one is not very flattering of my DH) and ready to paint.

Saturday morning we were up at 8am and "my job" of the day was to keep two active boys and the dog out of the livingroom while DH painted the walls. No easy task while making a turkey feast for 12 people! But all in all, I think it turned out well! Both the walls and the feast! We finished putting the furniture back and re-hanging the pictures at around 4:30pm and everyone started arriving at 5pm! (These two pictures were taken on Sunday morning - notice a boy on the couch and the cartoons on the TV ...)

Nothing like a deadline to motivate!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments:

Pumpkin said...

Looks fantastic!

Happy Thanksgiving to you too :o) Sounds like yours was a good one.

Dani - tkdchick said...

I can't waint to see your newly painted livingroom later this month! Looks good! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!