CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Monday, December 28, 2009

A quiet day...

After all the crazy times around Christmas, the kids and I are home alone, enjoying some quiet time and time with the new toys! Christmas Eve was lovely, my inlaws were over and my MIL and I took the boys to the kids advent at church for 4pm and arrived home to a wonderful salmon supper prepared by FIL and DH. Then on to our tradition on new jammies and a new movie for the evening. Boys in jammies and we watched Ice Age - Dawn of the Dinosaur (well, they watched, I stitched). Then inlaws headed for home and the boys vibrated their way to their beds. Christmas morning started around 6:30am (not bad for a 7 and 3 year old in the house) with excitement that "SANTA CAME!!!!" and the gift opening that followed. Brunch on Christmas Day at the inlaws was lovely, gutbusting filling but very tasty and the rest of the day was spent just chatting and enjoying everyones company. The kids all received new movies so the DVD player was setup in the bedroom and the four kids (aged 13/9/7/3) took turns watching their movies and napping. For the first time since DH and I have been together we were able to come home on Christmas night, normally my Aunt or Mom have dinner on Christmas day but they changed the plans this year which we were fine with. So home to sleep and then up on Boxing Day and headed to my parents. Late lunch with my family and a sleepover. The morning of the 27th was just like Christmas all over again for my kids, with my parents and brother and sister-in-law in the morning. We opted to go out last night for Greek - which was FABULOUS and then home again. Today DH is playing in a couple of games of hockey with his workmates and then they are going out celebrating - he plans to stay in town at his friends so it is just the boys and I today. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and we are looking forward to ringing in the New Year with Dani and Todd again. All the best to your house from ours for 2010!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas. I like the idea of a pajamas and a movie. I've always done the new pajamas so Santa sees the girls all clean when he peeks in on them, but the movie idea is new for me.

The mental image of them vibrating to bed is too cute. I miss those days when my girls were so young and sooooo excited.

Merry (belated) Christmas and Happy New Year's to you!

Alberta said...

Isn't it magical when the kids realize that Yes, Santa did come! I love it!

Wishing you a Happy New Year!