CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Monday, May 09, 2011

The mystery stitch...REVEALED

My MIL started this piece...awhile ago. Last spring they sold their house, moved all they could into our basement and began building their dream home. While her "stash" was being moved into the basement, this project jumped out of her stitching and right into my stitching! So I've been working away on it for almost a year. I washed, ironed and stretched it for her, and gave it to her this past weekend with a card that it was both her "new home" present and her "retirement" present all in one. She was shocked and at first was talking about how she had a similiar one in her stitching but she hadn't seen it since moving into the new house. DH let her in on our little secret.
I hope you enjoy it in your new home Mom!

14 comments:

Lynn said...

It's beautiful Rebecca! It really is a lovely design. I'm glad you MIL liked it. It's funny that she didn't clue in right away.
I'll see you at Dani's this Saturday!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Rebecca it looks absolutely stunning! Ha! Ha! Ha! you pulled the wool over her eyes for sure!!!

Bonnie Brown said...

Looks awesome!! Well done!

Lisa Macomber said...

WOW! looks so good.

mdgtjulie said...

It's absolutely lovely. I love Cardinals, and yours are beautiful.

Erica said...

Yay! You got it finished! I still can't believe you pulled it off - and your MIL never suspected!

Well done - it's beautiful!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

What a nice surprise and beautifully done too. Congratulations to you and your MIL.
Be always in stitches

Karen said...

What a great surprise for your MIL! It's gorgeous!

AnnMcD said...

What a wonderful gift Rebecca! It looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful.
Clare

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Hope your MIL hasa special place for this Fabulous piece. See you at Sheila`s
Barb

Beatrice said...

That was a wonderful thing to do...It looks so beautiful.
I'm glad she was happy with it!

Franny said...

Wow that is a gorgeous piece and your stitching is really good.

Terri said...

Very beautiful. I can see why your mom loves it so much.