CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

We had our big meal on Saturday with our friends whom were visiting from Australia, and our immediate family.  We had 15 for dinner.  We had a lot of "FIRSTS" on Saturday for our friends who do not have a Thanksgiving and the price of their turkey just about gave me a heart attack!  Curt bought our turkey for $17.93, it was close to 20 pounds.  Joanna told us she priced a whole turkey once and she would have paid close to $100.00 for the same turkey there and she wasn't willing to risk it not turning out.  So a whole turkey cooked in the garbage can outside was a first.  First time making and eating bread stuffing.  My mother in law made pumpkin pie, another first.  Cranberry sauce was another one. 

It was a wonderful meal with the best company anyone could ask for.

I hope your Thanksgiving was as lovely as ours.

Today we have no plans, at the moment I'm enjoying a tea with my honey, listening to the boys play together - without fighting for the moment.

Rebel

And for anyone who is not on Facebook or did not receive an earlier email from myself or Madame Secretary, I am hosting my annual October stitching weekend next weekend (Oct 15/16).  If you plan to attend or would like more details, you can send me an email. RebelInOnt at gmail dot com

3 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Garbage Can Turkey is sooooooo good, BIL deep fried one yesterday with the dressing in the crock pot and it was very well taken too, but I am still a traditionalist and we're enjoying the fragrance through out our home today. Happy Thanksgiving Rebecca.
Be always in stitches.

Lynn said...

Happy Thanksgiving Rebecca! I haven't tried the garbage can version before but I have heard of it. We also had a first.... turkey breast done in the crockpot with wine. Tell Curt that it was good but maybe next time I should try it with rum, lol!
Looking forward to next weekend!
BTW I can only stay for Friday night and the day on Saturday. We have plans for the Sunday.

Freddysmama (Kirstin) said...

Hi Rebecca, Just found your blog via a link on another blog :)

We've had the pleasure of sharing Thanksgiving in Australia with American friends... I fell in love with Boston baked beans and green bean casserole. We've never actually made it as far as dessert though, so have never tasted sweet potato pie or pumpkin pie either...

Your Australian friends were telling the truth about the price of a turkey - ridiculously expensive. You'd need to sell the kids to afford the turkey... hey, sell a the kids and you wouldn't need a turkey that big!

LOL.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, from a "Stitchy Sister" in Australia.

Have a blast on your stitching weekend.

Kirstin
(www.addictedtostitchin.blogspot.com)