CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Stitchers are so thoughtful!

A fellow sticher Christine has a son attending university at Queen's, in Kingston Ontario where I work.  We have met a couple of times and she contacted me before Easter to see if I would create a little something for her son as he wasn't coming home for the long weekend and drop it off.  I had a blast buying for "three" boys this year and then I added in some good things like apples and granola bars.  Secret Bunny was a success.
This week, a package landed on my desk at work, and I have to be honest, I didn't even look at where it came from, just added it to the "to do pile" that seems to grow overnight.  As I was cleaning my desk off for the weekend last night around 6pm, I came across the envelope again and threw it in my computer bag to bring home.  I just opened it and look what was inside!

Lots of lovely things!  Thank you Christine - you didn't need to send anything but I appreciate it all the same.

It is Saturday afternoon here - we have done the football game for this week already - I got sunburnt out watching.  The third load of laundry for the day is calling for me to hang it on the clothes line so I must run.  Here are the two projects that I've put some time into - not as much as usual and not as much as I would like but life goes one.


I have two parts of  5 (I think, could be more) that have been issued in the SAL I decided to take part in.  I love the design and look forward to having it all done to hang on my wall.  The designer has much more done, you can see that here.
And here is where I am at with "SUMMER"  in the SAL with my group of travelling sisters :-)

Busy times here - a new roof on the cottage, hubby back working shifts, lots to do at work, the oldest in football and of course spring always brings lawns and gardens again is leaving me less and less time to stitch.  Oh well, nice weather means more travelling with my "sisters", which I look forward to each and every year.

3 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Lovely to hear from you hon. Glad to see you are getting some stitching in! I look forward to seeing you soon.

Xine said...

Hope you have fun with the extra stash. Nice to see your mandala coming along. Will be in touch later in the summer when we start to transport stuff to Thomas's new abode off campus.

Lynn said...

Wow, that's a lovely bunch of stash your friend gifted you with! I'm sure it will come in handy.
Your stitching is looking great Rebecca! This is a busy time of year though and you're right in that stitching is taking a backseat right now. Too much to get done in the yard!