CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Sunday, September 01, 2013

Perspective....

As much as 2013 has thrown our family more curve-balls than I've seen coming - I have to remember that I am truly blessed to have had all my grandparents with me until this year.  That is 36 more years than most get with their grandparents.  And my children have been blessed to have known and spent time with their great grandparents - a luxury not many have now that women are holding off having children until later and later in life. 
I have family and friends who are battling cancer, I have a friend who is having complications in their pregnancy and I am reminded that I have my health as well as two healthy children.

All in perspective.

1 comments:

Xine said...

I was 36 when my last grandparent died. My sons never met any of their great-grandparents. I met one set of great-grandparents, and have a vague memory of my great-grandfather. Knew 3 out of 4 of my grandparents well.

My boys met all 4 grandparents, and know the surviving 3 very well.

So yes, you and your sons are lucky.

That being said, it doesn't stop it from hurting to lose them. So sorry for all of your losses of this year.