CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A Wonderful Christmas Gift

Each November my parents give me the gift of a weekend away at a stitching retreat.  My Mom comes with me and we have a great time.  This year was no exception.  Lots of stitching, laughing and eating was had by all.

I didn't take a lot of photos but I did take a few....mostly of the beautiful meal that Dan created for us at Knowledge & Needles - this is a shop run by my friend Ann, and she has organized these retreats for the last....many years.  Her husband cooks us all lunch, and then we are all "polite" in her shop buying fabric, thread and patterns.

This year Dan did a beautiful herb crusted chicken with mushroom sauce and roasted root vegetables on lovely warm red cabbage.




And desert was 5 kind apple pie with ice cream....yum.





I posted last week with a photo of the project I wanted to spend the most time on (here) and as of Sunday evening, this was the progress I had made...


And when the light got too dim, I pulled out my Welcome Home SAL from 2012.... I finished up the blue column and then stitched the little shelf, milk pitcher, cup, fence and the start of the tiny clothes line with quilts.  Not the best picture but I couldn't even find when I posted about this one last!


So day 12 of November and so far so good for NaBloPoMo2013!  See you tomorrow!

0 comments: