CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Who turned down the thermostat?

I know, I live in Canada and it is the end of November but it was SO cold last night for the Santa Claus parade in Kingston - more so than any other year I've been involved (I've lost count, for sure the last 4 years).  On the way home, the thermometer in the truck was reading -9°C!  For those that use Fahrenheit that would be about 15°F.  And the wind was just whipping so with wind chill it was WAY colder.

My husband always works until he drops for about two weeks before the parade helping his company after his shift to get their "float" ready.  Most places grab a pickup truck...nope, they theme decorate a full sized transport and all 53 feet of flatbed truck!  Here are two pictures of just the flatbed part...


One of Santa's elves getting ready to go in the misfit toy castle...


Mommy the helper elf who walked as part of the "toe patrol", meaning that I went slightly ahead of the transport and moved "toes" back so they wouldn't get run over..



Cameron as Hermie the wannabe dentist elf, and my husband as Yukon Cornelius... there was the abominable snowman as well, you can see that character in both the shots above of the float...


And if someone thought the spirit of Christmas was lost, just look at this little face smiling down...




I can't say the parade kick started our Christmas spirit (it was too stinking cold) but it is always the kickoff to the holiday season.

Does your family have any traditions that put you into the spirit?

1 comments:

Bonnie Brown said...

I ran out a few times yesterday and couldn't believe how cold it was!
I am so no ready for this winter!