CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Cookies, for a change!

Cameron commented yesterday that he wanted a cookie...which is something I don't buy or keep in the house. So I dug out my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and went to work! They turned out GREAT! I used up three different bits of chocolate chips that were kicking around in the cupboard so they have white chocolate, milk chocolate and good old chipits in them. Here is the recipe, it is from All Recipes.com and I've had it for years! Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies From: All Recipes.com Submitted by: Debbi Borsick INGREDIENTS 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 cup butter, softened 3/4 cup packed brown sugar 1/4 cup white sugar 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix 2 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional) DIRECTIONS Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.

***************
They turned out good and DH loves a soft cookie which these stay for awhile thanks to the pudding! I keep them in a sealed container so they stay soft, but they get eaten so fast around here they don't have a chance to dry out!

2 comments:

The Cookbook Junkie said...

I've had these! My sister made them and when she told me about the recipe, I knew just which one it was - this recipe is famous.

Rebel In Ontario said...

Yea, they are AWESOME! Who would have thought to put in the pudding? I've added pudding to cake mix but I've never done it with cookies...they don't last long and the recipe I posted is actually to orginal halved...I can't see putting a whole pound of butter into cookies!