CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Cheeseburger Macaroni

I made this for supper on Thursday night and even Cameron had a second helping. I’ve made this before and found the recipe at The Cookbook Junkie. Paula had made it for her son one night for supper as well…here is the direct link to the recipe For the boy. CHEESEBURGER MACARONI From: The Cookbook Junkie Recipe from: Passport to Flavor Copyright 1993 Servings: 5 to 6 1 lb ground beef 1 cup chopped onion 1 can (14 ½ ounces) stewed or seasoned tomatoes (I used diced plum tomatoes and added in 2 tsp oregano) 1 cup elbow macaroni (I only had about ¾ cup so I added ¼ cup from my mixed jar…you know, all the little bits leftover, I throw into a pasta jar to use up in the future)

1 ½ cups shredded cheese (I used mozzarella and medium cheddar, and probably closer to 2 cups total) In a large skillet, brown meat and onion over medium-high heat; drain. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Add 1 cup of water and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Serve garnished with sour cream if you wish.
Hope you like this as well as my family did!
THANK YOU PAULA FOR ANOTHER GREAT RECIPE!

1 comments:

The Cookbook Junkie said...

I'm glad you liked it. I have another recipe for Cheeseburger Macaroni on my blog too. Basically the same but the macaroni cooks separately and there's a bit of ketchup mixed in. They're both good but since I like to add more pasta, it's easier for me to get it right if I cook it separately.