CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Are you missing recipes here?

Just wondering if anyone else other than me was missing the recipes I was blogging about...I have been eating a lot of salad and chicken but with 11 pounds GONE FOREVER, I am missing the cooking part, but not the eating part! Here is a recipe that I cooked up for Cameron and I a couple of weeks ago. Chicken Surprise From: Allrecipes.com Submitted by: Theresa Byfield Original recipe yield: 6 servings. Prep Time:5 Minutes Cook Time:30 Minutes Ready In:35 Minutes Servings: Scaled to 2 (Original recipe makes 6) "A one pot rice dish with chicken, tomatoes, mushrooms and seasoning of your choice. This is called Chicken Surprise because the first time we made it, we were surprised by the great taste!" INGREDIENTS: 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cubed 2/3 cup water 2/3 cube chicken bouillon 2/3 cup uncooked white rice 1/3 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, drained (I had fresh tomatoes sitting on the counter needing to be used so I chopped and seeded them, I think it was about three large ones) 1/3 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained (I used whole botton mushrooms) 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning DIRECTIONS: 1. Saute chicken in a large skillet over medium high heat until it is cooked through and juices run clear. (I had already fired up the BBQ, so our chicken was grilled) Meanwhile, bring water and bouillon and poultry seasoning to a boil in a large pot; when boiling, add rice, stir, cover pot and remove from heat. Let sit 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. 2. To rice add cooked chicken, tomatoes and mushrooms and stir together over medium low heat to heat through. Serve hot.

*****

I really enjoyed this but Cameron didn’t like the red things. He doesn’t seem to like tomatoes much unless it is spaghetti sauce or ketchup. The leftovers were good warmed up the next day as well. The only thing I would change next time was a little more poultry seasoning.

1 comments:

Kelly said...

Mmm -- That looks like a good & easy recipe to try! I love chicken & rice together!