CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Thursday, October 12, 2006

SBQ of the week (28Sept & 11Oct)

With two sick kids and being sick myself I’m catching up on the SBQ’s from the last two that were issued.

The September 28th SBQ was suggested by Sharon and is: When you find yourself making a lot of mistakes in various stitching projects do you find it better to muddle your way through or do you take a brief break from stitching? If you do take a break, how long do you take? I do take a break, and stitch on something else for a few sessions, so probably within a week I will pick up the “mess” and either try to correct it with frogging or inventive stitching and if that doesn’t work then I just muddle thru and hope no one notices! I just completed a project for a friends baby due in November and it has a border around it…don’t ask me how but I’m off by one stitch by the time I made it back around the other side! I’m just hoping no one notices!
* * * * *

The October 11th SBQ was suggested by Lee and is:

As we all know, stitching in the winter can really be rough on the hands. What do you do to treat your hands well in the cold winter months? Do you have any suggestions for creams or soaps? Or perhaps a special regimen that you would like to share?

I use a lot more hand lotion in the winter months, never go outside without mittens or gloves on, and always dry my hands well because I find if I let them air dry even a little, then they get chapped a lot faster. I also change my hand soap to one that contains cocoa butter for the winter months and keep the humidifier going or make sure there is a pot of water on the woodstove so that the air is not as dry as it could be.

0 comments: