CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Thursday, March 01, 2007

I need help. Ideas, options, opinions?

I have completed the stitching on a piece for my MIL's 60th Birthday. I think it needs something else/more but I'm not sure what. Here it is:

It is three freebies from Lizzie*Kate. I stitched them on a hand-dyed piece from Silkweaver that came as one of my FOMC pieces. I still have to add the beads to "Hello Spring", the heart charm to "Count Your Blessings" and the butterfly charm to "Bloom".
Any ideas what I could put as wording at the top? Or should I just leave this be and frame it. She still has a piece I stitched for her for Christmas 2005 up in her kitchen so I'm hoping this will replace it for at least a little while! Here is the joy piece:

3 comments:

Kali said...

I think a border around the whole design would finish it off nicely... not a clue what kind of border of course, couldn't be that easy but I love the look of the borders for the Bent creek Snaps, etc. They make a bunch of little squares look like one nice big piece.

Wendy said...

I like Kali's opinion about a border to help tie all 3 together. I don't think I won't add more words, the ones there are fine as they are. What a lovely gift this will make for your MIL's kitchen!

Rebel In Ontario said...

I agree Wendy, I'm working on Kali's idea right now. I'll post pictures when it is all said and done. Thank you both!