CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2007

I’ve been having a little bit of stash enhancement!

Last weekend (April 21, 22) my Mom and I were able to attend the creativfestival in Toronto. We were a little disappointed in the lack of stitching stuff (Gitta, you were sadly missed) but had a blast meeting up with Erikka, Theresa and Mandy! These three individuals are members of the South Eastern Ontario Stitchers with me (link at the side and bottom of my blog) and we “talk” with each other on a regular basis but seem to have a hard time getting together in person. I met Erikka two spring’s ago and we had a great time then at the creativfestival so it was nice to see her again as well as meet and put faces and voices to Theresa and Mandy. The only purchase from last weekend was the following:

A selection of Madeira Silk Embroidery floss which I found in the Sew Fancy booth. Now this past week was a different story! I received two packages from Silkweaver! The three 9x13 pieces this month were: SOLO 28ct Opalescent Lugana, A Ltd Edition 28ct Cashel Linen and Light Blue 28ct Cashel Linen! I can’t wait to figure out what I am going to stitch on these! I also received my 18x18 pieces and they were: Bluebell 28ct Cashel Linen and Cayman Islands 28ct Cashel Linen. The photo of the Cayman Islands does it NO justice, it has a very beautiful variegation in the fabric. Yesterday (Saturday) my Mom and our family friend, Chris went to the Cataraqui Needle Guild Display and Merchant Mart in Kingston. What a wonderful deal, $7.00 admission and it included lunch! I had the pleasure of meeting Dani (black belt stitching wizard) in person and we even had a picture taken together! Once she has posted the photo, I will either snag if from her blog or send everyone over there for a peek. EDITED - Here is the picture as promised....I snagged it off her blog! Hi Dani!

We saw some fantastic artwork on display and had a wonderful time browsing thru the merchants. My Mom bought some q-snaps; a couple cross-stitch patterns (from Knowledge and Needles) and Chris bought some quilting supplies. I have been eyeing up the following pattern for months and decided to bite the bullet and purchase it!

Quilted Quips I, Children of Quilters by Joanne Gatenby of X’s & Oh’s I plan on stitching this piece for my grandmother as she has quilted for all of her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren!

Then, because we had time we decided to do a little more shopping at Chapters. My Mom had a gift card which she told me to spend so I did plus a little more!

I purchased Cross Stitch Crazy May 2007, Cross Stitch Card Shop Issue 53 and Cross Stitcher Issue 185! These are my very first British magazine purchases and I may become addicted! There are some very beautiful patterns in here and I can’t wait to start some more stitching from them! And now for a test….Chris came to my parents with us for dinner last night and she brought along a project that she started YEARS ago and asked if I would finish it for her. So, here is a picture and the first reader to leave a comment and can “name that project” correctly will get a little something out of my stash! I will leave this for a week, if no one answers correctly I will then post another photo as well as a hint to the designer.
So tomorrow I start back to work full time, if you don’t hear from me for a few days/weeks, know that I am around, just really busy!

5 comments:

Schokti said...

Goodness, girl! You have been busy! I have no idea what pattern that is, but the colours are awesome! Looking forward to finding out the answer!

Anonymous said...

I know, I know, pick me! TeeHee. I'm not a regular reader, but was sent here via Christine's blog - the design is: Spirit of Christmas by Lavender & Lace, yes?

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm newbie in your blog. I really like your stitching. My favorite is the wolf picture that is your current project. And your recent finish is lovely too. I'll certainly come back too =)...

Kali said...

Drat Melanie beat me to it :) Spirit of Christmas most definately :)

Alberta said...

I love the reds....I hope to see this finished before December!