CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I'm getting ready for the weekend, and it is only Wednesday!

My Mom and I are headed away this weekend to a whole weekend of eating, stitching, eating, chatting and of course, eating! I'm so looking forward to it and can't wait to see some of the friends I met earlier this year and didn't really get a chance to sit and chat with them. I'm not sure what I will be stitching on but I think it will mostly be my "Blessed are the children of quilters...." as my grandmother will be celebrating her 85th birthday at the end of the month and I thought it would be nice to have it completed for that. I've almost completed the additional words, names and dates to the "And they lived happily ever after" for my brother and sister-in-law so all that will need to be done is a cleaning, pressing and bead application and it is ready for the framers. I have a question - would it be rude of me to give them $100.00 and tell them to go and do the framing themselves? I only ask because my SIL's Mom does framing at a shop and I really don't interact with them (the four + hour drive is a bit much for some framing) so I thought they could pick what they wanted and have it done for them so that they get what they want....does that makes sense?

5 comments:

Judith said...

If you give them money to frame it, I don't find it rude. It would be rude when they would have to pay it themselves. Now you will be sure they pic something they like as a frame.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Judith, I don't think it's rude at all. Quite the opposite. This way they are sure to have it framed exactly as they would like it.

Beatrice said...

I think it is a great idea...Or a 'gift certificate' for Micheals framing then you will be sure it's done to there liking. And you will be sure it's framed. Sometimes people put things aside because they don't know what to do with it or don't know a framer.

See you on the weekend ...yippee!!

Lynn said...

I don't think that it's rude at all. I think I'd much rather be able to pick out my own frame that suits my decor. Have fun this weekend!! I'll be thinking of you as I work my butt off!

Kathy A. said...

I think giving them money towards framing is a great idea! That way it is done the way they like. Have a great weekend and I wish I was there. I miss you all