CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2008

It is Thurdsay....

did it really take me until Thursday to write about the weekend - SCARY!

We had a wonderful time. My friend Beth from Kingston had her DH drop her off in the late morning. We chatted and setup for some stitching. Lunch time arrived, and I served -

Ricotta Spinach Quiche
1 container light ricotta cheese (454g)
2 large eggs
1/4 cup light parmesan cheese
1/4 cup minced onion
1 clove crushed garlic
1 pkg frozen spinach cooked according to directions (I used 4 cups fresh, lightly steamed)
salt and pepper
1 pre-made pie shell (not baked) - I use tenderflake from the grocery store
Pre-heat oven and pie shell to 400 degree. Mix everything else together and pour into pre-heated pie shell. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes and then turn down to 325 degrees for 45 - 60 minutes until a knife insert in the the center comes out clean.
I served this with a fresh tomato, onion (vidalia) and mini cucumber salad.
Dessert was fresh raspberries and blackberries on pound cake with fat free cool whip.
Marg from TO arrived around 2pm, so we chatted while she munched on lunch. Then into the livingroom for some WIP viewing and finish sharing...and stitching. I unfortunately did not get a photo of Beth, or her stitching! I did get one of the lady herself and a couple of Marg's beautiful Austrialian alphabet and hopefully she won't mind me posting them here...
They are stunning in person!
My DH arrived home early on Saturday, unfortunately Beth wasn't able to stay but DH made us a beautiful beer can chicken, grilled vegetables and broccoli salad. Again, fresh fruit, cake and cool whip for dessert.

We stitched until about 11pm, while watching The Bee Movie and chatting away. We slept late on Sunday, did some more stitching and enjoyed a quick breakfast to get back to more stitching! I dragged my stash out...we had a peek and then back to stitching. Lunch was leftover everything from the day before.

Marg packed up and headed back to TO around 2:30-3pm and I ventured off to collect my children.

Here is my before shot of my stitching ...

And my after shot...

I had a wonderful time and hopefully the next one will draw some more bodies. I'll let you know when the next one is booked!

8 comments:

Rebel In Ontario said...

OMG! I can't believe I'm so busy that I can't even spell THURSDAY properly anymore!

Tammy said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. The quiche sounds delicious.

Great progress on your piece.

Kathy A. said...

I am so glad you had a fun weekend. I am sorry that I missed it - maybe next time.
I have sent you a couple of emails re stitching at my place at a future date but they keep coming back. Could you send me an email and I will reply to it with details?I won't be at Ann's retreat as we are at a wedding in Ottawa that weekend.

Dani - tkdchick said...

I wish I could of been there! Next time!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the Quiche recipe. Sounds so good I plan to try it this weekend.
-Julie

Beatrice said...

Sounds like I missed a great weekend. Sorry I couldn't come maybe next time!
I seems like you had a great visit and lovely food. Yummy.
I love the flip it's oooo on black.
Stunning!
I hope we see you in Aug at Ann's.
Take care!

Lynn said...

Looks like you had a fantastic weekend. That food sounded scrumptious too!
Sorry I had to miss it but hopefully we can connect soon. Perhaps at Kathy's on the long weekend.
I'm heading off on vacation now so I'll touch base when I return.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Rebecca I've nominated you for an award! See my blog!