CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

God I love my Mom...

Just as a little background information, I was in a minor altercation with another vehicle last week on my way to work. I put a dent in a very nice lady's bumper on my way to work (my car doesn't have a scratch). So she took her van in and was originally quoted $1500.00 - I just about SH!T! As a working Mom paying a mortgage and everything else, $1500 is not something I just have laying around. So this lovely lady called me at work this morning to let me know that they had booked their van into the garage and the total was going to be much more reasonable, $800. Still more than I have laying around. So what am I supposed to do....I call my Mom. Love you Mom! Who offered to pay for the repairs for me and I can pay her back "as I can". Just thought I should share what a wonderful woman I have in my life... and seeing that Dad is the one working and paying this in the long run...I love him as well.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh nooo! Are you uninsured? I will always, always have at least third party insurance on any car I drive, it's too scary not to - because of things like that! I'm so glad your mum came through for you, mums are great!

Alberta said...

It's so nice that your loving parents are in the position to help you out! I'm sure they know this is an exception, not a rule and only want you to be happy and not worrying yourself sick.

It was an accident...and everything will turn out fine in time.

Beatrice said...

Yup your Mom is the greatest. Tell her hello for me.

Erica said...

Your Mom definitely wins the 'super Mom' award. And she obviously has a fantastic daughter too - one who realizes what a great mom she has. :-)

Hope to see you at the CreativFestival - I'm in most of Jen and Teresa's classes, so no doubt we'll run into each other!

Oma said...

That's just what us Moms do if we can afford it. You'll probably help out your sons too if and when they need it.

Kathy A. said...

Love those Mom's- they are there in the crunch!

Rebel In Ontario said...

Don't worry Melanie, I'm insured! My deductible is $1000.00 - still more that I have laying around. So either way I was having to call my Mom. This way my insurance didn't go up either, because it was less than the deductible.