CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2008

A finish! And a start...

Etude
Whispered by the Wind
28 count flax linen
DMC 4130
I finished this up because I couldn't wait to get start on the project for my best friend who is due to have her first baby in April - maybe the baby and I will share a birthday!

Sepia Tones Baby
Maria Diaz
28 count white Lugana
DMC's
This is actually stitching up surprisingly fast. I thought for sure all those browns would give me a headache but I enlarged the pattern (four modest pages) and I'm being very diligent about highlighting what I have stitched to make it easier to pick up and keep going. And I will be doing the back stitch as I go...once I get DMC 3781 because it seems to be missing from my collection. Anyway, cheers all - I'm off to get some actual work done at work....don't tell anyone I was here :-) ***EDIT***I typed this up at home on Sunday but then saved it as a draft to finish on the high speed at work, as well as add the pictures...that is why it is dated for Sunday but showed up on Wednesday!

3 comments:

Alberta said...

Love Etude...what a beauty.

I also highlight a more complicated chart so I don't lose track, especially when I put it down! Frogs can just stay away from my stitching! Love the softness of those sepia tones!

Beatrice said...

Whoo hoo congrats on the finish It's beautiful and I see a very nice start.
I pretty much do the same work order. Enlarge and mark!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your finish is just stunning Rebecca! Great new start, and I'm glad you've found time for stitchign between all the work you're doing!