CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Photos from the weekend - AND A RECIPE!!!

First I will show you what I have been up to stitching...the wolves have seen the light of day mostly so I will only bore you with pictures of them...the first one is from May 12th - taken before I headed to Dani's for the weekend. The second one was taken last night, June 15th.

And here are a couple of photos from Cameron receiving he yellow belt on Sunday (YEA CAMERON! MOMMY AND DADDY ARE VERY PROUD OF YOU!)

Here is a little stash that my Mom found for me...

And last but not least I made a homemade flatbread on Sunday and I promised everyone I would email the recipe. But I figured this was easier (and I will admit I'm lazy). And for anyone that was there, I doubled this recipe to fill my jelly roll pan.

Multi-purpose flatbread...found basic recipe online somewhere and then tweeked it to our tastes.

INGREDIENTS 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon salt (I omitted this) 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or other spices as you see fit...rosemary/basil/garlic etc.) 1/8 teaspoon black pepper 1 egg, lightly beaten 2/3 cup milk 1/2 tbsp olive oil 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder cold water DIRECTIONS Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a rimmed pizza pan or baking sheet. I just spray mine with PAM. In a large bowl, stir together flour, salt, oregano, black pepper and baking powder. Mix in eggs, milk and oil; stir well. Add enough water to make it a "batter" instead of a "dough".

Pour/spread batter into prepared pan until evenly coated. I wet my hands at this point and "pat" it into place. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until crust is lightly brown. Remove crust from oven.

Now have fun!

I use this to make pizza for my kids, I've been know to use it for sandwich bread or create something of your own. On Sunday I made a cheese spread with equal parts of cream cheese and Miracle Whip with garlic and pepper mixed in. I topped it with finely chopped - onion, red pepper, broccoli and cauliflower and then topped the whole thing with shredded cheddar with herbs and garlic. I popped it in the oven under the broiler long enough to melt the cheese and then served it at room temperature.

8 comments:

Chiloe said...

Yes? lol

Kathy A. said...

And let me tell you - that flatbread was to die for.
thanks for the recipe hon.
Congrats to Cameron on his yellow belt.

Great progress on the wolves. Cheering you on!!!

Anonymous said...

Boy that sounds good. Have to give it a try

Virpi said...

Your wolves looks great!

Judie said...

Yum Yum Sorry I missed it. Maybe next time.

Beatrice said...

Your wolves are amazing ..keep plugging away girl.
Thank you for the recipe. Yummmmm
Congrats to Cameron
see you again soon.

Maren said...

Wow, your wolves are just amazing. That black fabric brings them right out, with all those ghostly pale colors. Beautiful!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congrats Cameron! Well done!