CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Monday, October 04, 2010

October?

So, as always I find myself working behind the eight ball - always behind and never getting ahead. After the loss of Freddie, and our family working our way back from the loss, both boys ended up down and out with Strep throat. We had the opening night at the theatre (Canadian Brass) which was a fantastic show and now we are gearing up for the next show which is Ailey II. I have been stitching... This is a scan of my "done" Kaleidoscope by Ink Circles! I finished up the backstitching on Friday evening. I didn't have the camera close and I brought it to work so I thought I would just scan it and post it. I'm working away on a couple of other projects that I will show at a later time. I'm hosting a weekend at my house for stitching, and eating, and stitching, and sleeping...October 15 - 16 - 17th. If you are interested in coming, for a day or more, let me know! email : rbrown at cityofkingston dot ca

7 comments:

Pumpkin said...

Awesome! Congrats on your big finish :o) Now what comes next?

Lynn said...

Kaleidoscope looks fantastic! Way to go girl!! Are you framing it soon?
We are familiar with Canadian Brass in our home. I think Bob knew one of the founding members of the group.
I'm still hoping to join you on your weekend. If I come I will probably be staying overnight for one night on the Saturday. I'll let you know soon.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish! Oh this just looks so fantastic. I'll bet it's stunning in person.

Kathy A. said...

Congrats on the big finish!
Beatrice and I will see you on the Saturday! Got my chair picked out?

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wooo hooo! Looks fantastic! So can I come down Friday night???

Crazee4books said...

Hi Rebecca,

Congratulations on your wonderful
finish!! Kaleidoscope looks just
fabulous with all those amazing
colors. It looks like it was a
really fun stitch. Love it!!

How very sad to hear about the
passing of your DH's cousin, and
at such a young age too. And to
leave behind such young children,
as well as his wife, is tragic.
My sympathies to all of you. I
hope that your DH's many happy
memories of the past with his
cousin will help to ease some of
the pain.

Hope the boys are well over their
strep throat and that you and DH
don't come down with it as well.
Nasty thing that.

Oh boy! Do I wish I could join
all of you this weekend for your
stitching/eating/gathering time.
I guess Kingston is too far to
walk, eh? Hope you all have a
fantastic time. I'll be thinking
of you.

Cheers!

Terri said...

Congrats on your finish. I hope your weekend went well. I'm sure I'll read about it when I get up to that point. So behind on blog reading