CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Saturday, January 08, 2011

Start and finish

I started and finished something today. Which is more than can be said for the rest of this week as I've been down and out with the flu (even lost track of two days somehow) and this is what I was greated with this morning...

Yup, that would be my kitchen that looks like no one else loves it, so I started cleaning and here is where it ended up.
Much better.
I baked a loaf of bread in the breadmaker, did about 8 loads of laundry and now I'm ready to crash.
But I did get some stitching done this week, when I had the energy I was working on this little beauty.
Started Jan 2 - finished Jan 8, 2011
Lizzie * Kate - Time for God
stitched with recommended overdyed threads on a silkweaver solo 32ct belfast linen.
I'll leave you with a shot of the beautiful flowers that Dani and Todd brought on Dec 31st...so 9 days ago and still going strong!

6 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Thank goodness you love your kitchen!
It looks fantastic now!
Lovely stitchy finish.
Beautiful flowers from the girls.

Terri said...

Glad you are feeling better. That looked like the mess that was in my kitchen as well that I cleaned up. Wonderful finish :)What a beautiful bouquet of flowers Todd and Dani are so thoughtful :)

Lynn said...

Wow, great job on the kitchen! I'm glad you're feeling better now.
I really like your LK finish. I might have to add this one to my stash!

Kerry said...

Wow what a job you did on your kitchen. It doesn't take long for rooms to go to rack and ruin when you are sick. I have been sick this week too, I escaped the flu but I had a terrible cold.
I love your LK, good job.

Beatrice said...

That was a big job...but what a nice looking kitchen!
We all seem to have gotten that cold ...I'm still coughing.
Take care.
I used to keep my orts..just don't anymore!
LK is wonderful!!!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

I'm glad to hear you're felling better, its amazing that when Mom gets sick the house goes to hell in a handbasket!

What a gorgeous finish!!!