CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Saturday, February 05, 2011

Food?

I used to post recipes all the time when I was home with the boys. I love to cook but find that time is not always on my side. But, today I had time. I made the following quiche (thanks for the idea Beth) for lunch today...

Impossibly Easy Chicken 'n Broccoli Pie (from the Bisquick Box)
1 1/2 cups frozen broccoli (I pre-cooked fresh)
1 1/3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups diced cooked chicken
2/3 cup chopped onion
1 1/3 cups milk
3 eggs
3/4 cup Bisquick mix
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch pie plate or square pan. Rinse broccoli in cold water to thaw; drain thoroughly. Mix broccoli, cheese, chicken and onion in plate/pan. Beat milk, eggs, Bisquick mix, salt and pepper until smooth. Pour on top of chicken mixture. (I doubled the recipe and made a 9 X 13 so we would have lots of leftovers).
Bake 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

ENJOY!

3 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Thanks for sharing, may give that one a go sometime!

Lynn said...

This sounds so yummy! Thanks!

Kerry said...

Hi, just checked your wide mouth bass. It is the same one my friend Irma is just finishing it is a lovely one isn't it?
I love the look of your casserole. I will be trying it very soon, I'll let you know how it turns out.