CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Monday, April 01, 2013

April Fool's...

Every year I'm "the fool"...literally.  I always think, this year will be different, this year my family will do something to make me feel special on my birthday....well, I need to learn to not expect anything. I also understand that at times, money is a factor and I completely understand that, my DH did make me dinner but I thought my boys might be at an age where they talked Daddy into helping make cupcakes or something.  But enough of a pity party, I'm a year older and I'm determined to enjoy this year as much as I can, taking time for myself as I see fit and needed.  The first step was booking holidays for a week in May, with nothing planned but time for me!  No work, the kids are in school and my husband is working a few days in the middle of that week as well.

1 comments:

Lynn said...

Sorry I missed your birthday Rebecca. I hope you had a good day despite feeling a tad down. I used to feel sorry for myself when I was on my own with the kids and the day didn't seem to be any different than any other day. I have had some lovely Bdays now the kids are adults.
I like your idea of the ME vacation!