CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Thursday, April 04, 2013

I so needed to read this...

 There are days when I'm home with my boys, that I wish I was at work - and days at work that I wish I was at home, with my boys.  Talk about conflicting emotions!  But, I have a friend who sent me a link and I totally understand where this Dad is coming from.  To read what I'm talking about visit this blog entry by a Dad - To the Parents of small children...

I have tried a number of times to "freeze time" in my  mind.  The last time my youngest was super sick and all he wanted to do was curl up with Mom and snuggle for hours, I at that time was more worried about what I was feeding everyone for supper or that the laundry was done in the dryer and had to be folded and put away RIGHT NOW.  I did sit, we ate grilled cheese for supper and I had to turn the dryer on again for a few minutes the next day to get the wrinkles out of everything.  Now that both my boys are older I try to find little pockets of time to do things with them...I know they won't remember the big things but I hope the little things hang in there.

And I'm not the only one today...I just spied this on my reader feed...Love Notes From the Littles so it must just be the time of year or the weather or something....


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will always be my little girl - I know birthdays have never been a big thing in our family - but we do think of you Love Mom & Dad

Dani - tkdchick said...

You've had a hard go of it lately Reb!!! Hugs!!!

Lynn said...

As your boys become men you'll be amazed at how many of the "little things" they remember. I know I was.
They notice a lot more than we think they do.