CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Tuesday, May 07, 2013

May...my the time is flying!

It never ceases to amaze me how fast time can go by, while we think the days are dragging along.  The start of 2013 (as I've said before) has not started out the best, and as much as we move on and forward, something keeps pulling me back.  This month I may find closure as we lay my grandmother to rest in her final resting place, in a beautiful country cemetery, beside her infant daughter that was a twin to my aunt which she lost when she was only days old.  We will do this, surrounded only by family before completing a celebration of her life in the local legion with our communities around us.

But, the weather has warmed up nicely here, and I'm enjoying the warmer weather which also brings FOOTBALL to our house - three times a week.  Curt is coaching the senior team this year, Cameron is playing for him.  And little mighty mouse Caleb is playing for the junior team.  Here are a couple of shots one of the other moms took at practice last week...

This one is Caleb tackling his friend Brady...


And to put mighty mouse in perspective, Caleb is number 49 on the left of the photo...


And both teams won their first games this past weekend so we are hoping for a great season.  I'm sure pictures of the senior team will be coming - the junior coach was snapping away as the seniors played after the juniors.

And the playground fundraising continues....two major things this month - it is the last month to order from Regal (Camden East Playground Fundraiser) and have a large percentage of the purchase amount come to us as a donation, this will end on the 31st.  And we have partnered with the Children's Ministries from the local church and will be hosting a Talent(less) Show, Silent Auction and BBQ on May 31st in the village of Camden East.  If you are looking for something to do that Friday night, come out and see what we have been up to!  And if you would like to come and lend your talent to the show, or have something you would like to donate to the silent auction, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me.  Email us if you would like more details at:  curt underscore reb at hotmail dot com

3 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

OMG I think Caleb's equipment is bigger than he is!

Lynn said...

I loved seeing Mighty Mouse! The equipment does look like it's swallowed him. I'll bet he's having a riot though!

Lynn said...

They do look swallowed up in their equipment at that age but I'll bet they're having a blast!! Go Caleb!