CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Friday, June 09, 2006

Another baking done...

So, I also baked these last weekend and they were a hit...other than I figured out the wrong way that pineapple causes diaper rash in breastfeed babies! I stole the recipe from The Cookbook Junkie because they looked so go and I just HAD to try them. Gooey Butter Cakes (pineapple variation) From: The Cookbook Junkie Recipe from: The Lady & Sons Savannah Country Cookbook Copyright 1997, 1998 Base: One yellow cake mix (520g) 1 egg 8 tablespoons butter, melted Preheat over to 350 degrees. Combine ingredients and mix well. Pat into a lightly greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Prepare filling. Filling: 1 package cream cheese, softened 2 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla 8 tablespoons butter, melted 2 cups icing/powdered sugar 1 can (540 ml) crushed pineapple, drained Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla. Add butter; beat. Add sugar and pineapple and mix well. Spread over base. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. The center should still be a little gooey - hence the name! ******************** These were amazing! As I said above, I found out the hard way that I can't eat these, Caleb broke out in a TERRIBLE rash and about three feeds after I stopped eating them (which was hard, very hard) things started clearing up again. Curt didn't have any hurt feelings about having to finish the pan himself. I'm going to write Paula (is The Cookbook Junkie) and ask her for the other variations...so I can try another flavour that may not make my poor little boys' bottom so sore. ***I've tried a number of times now to add a photo but it isn't working so I'm just going to go ahead and post this!***

2 comments:

The Cookbook Junkie said...

Here's a link to the variations:

http://www.recipelink.com/ch/2002/november/ladyandsonsdesserts2.html

Funny, it mentions using another egg in the pineapple variation but I don't think the cookbook mentioned that. I thought they were fine without an extra egg.

You could just make them without the pineapple - that's the basic recipe. I'm sure they're very good that way.

Rebel In Ontario said...

I could be in trouble with all those variations! I think I'm gonna try the lemon ones next....