CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Did some baking last weekend

So as I said in "The First Post" one of my favourite ways to waste time is to cook and/or bake. So last weekend I baked a couple of things and thought I would put them in here, including the recipes...please feel free to try none or all! BEST EVER BANANA MUFFINS From: Ontario Seniors Golden Oldie Recipes – May 2000 Recipe submitted by: Edith Ball, Woodbridge & Esther Rykovich, Thorold 3 large bananas 1 tsp baking powder ¾ cup white sugar ½ tsp salt 1 egg 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour 1 tsp baking soda ⅓ cup melted butter Mash bananas; add sugar and slightly beaten egg and mix well, then add melted butter. Stir to incorporate. Add dry ingredients. Mix lightly. Fill muffin tins. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes. Makes one dozen. ***************************** These muffins are always a big hit at our house. I usually do a double batch, put half in the freezer and the two batches will last us about a week and a half. Now I have done some modifications (or doctoring as I like to call it) and the ones pictured below have been modified. I put in 1 cup of whole-wheat flour and ½ cup of all-purpose and increased the baking powder to 1 ½ tsp to make up the rising factor. I never have actual butter in my house so I used margarine (Becel with olive oil) and they didn’t seem to mind. The ones in the picture have also been tampered with…someone snuck some chocolate chips into the batter…no idea who it was but Cameron thanks them.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Thanks for the recipe ~ this will go over well in my family, and I have a ton of 'old' bananas in my freezer to use up.

The Cookbook Junkie said...

Hmm, I've been dying for something banana-y. I have two bananas on the counter right now. I wonder if that would be enough for this recipe?

Schokti said...

Heh - I would thank the mysterious chocolate chip donator as well. Chocolate makes everything divine. Cameron has great taste!

Rebel In Ontario said...

Owner - I think this recipe can be tinkered with and not lose anything...I've even made them with Splenda and they have turned out fine. So you would probably be safe with cane sugar.

Paula - I think two would be fine, you may have to add a little more something wet (milk maybe?) if they don't seem like they are "batter" enough.

Wendy - hope they turn out for you!

Christine - yea, I like these better without the chips but I can't eat the whole batch myself so I have to make the men in my family happy - which includes chocolate!