CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

More muffin mania!

I just realized that everyone is going to think this house is muffin crazy but I spied the following while I was copying out the muffin recipe for the Best Ever Banana Muffins (see below) and decided that I would make them the next day I had a bunch of guys here working on the roof (we are currently putting a new steel roof on). Yesterday I had my Dad, my father-in-law, brother-in-law and two of my hubby's friends so I decided to whip these up before I was sent into the hardware store for more parts! MORNING GLORY MUFFINS From: Ontario Seniors Golden Oldie Recipes - May 2000 Recipe submitted by: Hilegard Verch, Eganville 2 cups flour 2 tsp baking soda 1/8 tsp salt (I omitted this) 1 1/4 cups white sugar 2 tsp cinnamon 2 cups grated carrot 1/2 cup nuts (optional - I opted not to add) 1 apple, peeled, cored and grated (I used two small ones) 1/2 cup raisins (Mine looked pretty sad so I soaked them in hot water for a few minutes before using) 1/2 cup coconut (unsweetened) 3 eggs 2 tsp vanilla 1 cup salad oil (I used vegetable oil) In a large bowl, mix first 5 ingredients. Stir in next 5 ingredients. In a seperate bowl, beat remaining ingredients. Stir into flour mixture until batter is just combined. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes. Yield - about 14 large muffins (I got 18 normal sized ones) *************************************** When I got home, most of them had disappeared! Even hubby liked them and couldn't believe what was in them when I told him! He isn't a fan of coconut and he didn't even know it was in there! I would post of photo but somehow, they have all disappeared! Oh well, next time.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Came across your blog when searching for morning glory recipes. They were the best muffins i've ever made. Thank you so much!

-Catherine from Hawaii