CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Friday, June 16, 2006

A pail of muffins, yes, more muffins!

I'm hoping the pictures will upload this time...but of course they probably will not. More muffins for our house but we won't be able to eat them until Sunday. PAIL OF MUFFINS From: Ontario Seniors Golden Oldie Recipes – May 2000 Recipe submitted by: Eleanor St.Amand, Northbrook 2 cups boiling water 2 cups seedless raisins 5 tsp baking soda 1 cup shortening 2 cups sugar 5 ½ cups flour (I used 2 cups whole wheat and 3 ½ cups white) 1 tsp salt 4 cups All-Bran cereal (I used President’s Choice Blue Menu Fibre First cereal) 2 cups 40% Bran flakes cereal (I used President’s Choice Blue Menu Bran Flakes cereal) 4 eggs 1 qt (4 cups) buttermilk (I didn’t have any on hand so I did the following substitution – 4 tbls vinegar in a 4 cup measure and added 2% milk up to the 4 cup mark…. stirred and let curdle) Mix first 3 ingredients and let cool. Cream shortening and sugar together. Combine raisin and sugar mixtures and add to dry ingredients. Add eggs, then add buttermilk and stir well. Store batter in tight container (pail) in refrigerator. Batter will keep up to 6 weeks in the refrigerator, but you must wait 48 hours before using. Before using, stir well. Grease muffin tins or use paper liners. Bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. ********************************************************* My MIL makes these all the time but this is the first time I’ve attempted them myself. The two pictures below are of the batter in the pail, and the pail itself…I will post a muffin picture probably on Sunday when I bake the first of these up. And I was right, for some reason I can't seem to upload pictures! I'll have to see if I need to make them smaller files before uploading, I don't think it is a blogger problem, I think it is my slow dial-up that is a problem. Once I get it sorted out I will add the pictures for this as well as an update on my stitching! So, I'm trying again to upload the pictures....and it looks like it worked this time! I had to do some direct html coding from my photobucket account to get it to work! What a PITA! But here they are - Actual mix in the pail... And the pail I used... I could have gone with a smaller pail if I had one! Oh well, at least I can get photos to work now...so I'm off to update you on my stitching!

2 comments:

The Cookbook Junkie said...

Does that pail really fit in your fridge?? Wouldn't a large tupperware be more practical?

How did they turn out?

Rebel In Ontario said...

The pail fits in the extra fridge in the basement - LOL, I would never get that monster in my everyday fridge! And yes, a large bowl with a tight fitting lid would work just as well.