CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Thursday, August 17, 2006

I’m so disappointed

I was so excited this morning when DH came home from work, he stopped again and got the mail. There wasn’t much (he did just get it yesterday) but there was one exciting thing…my brochure for the Fall 2006 Creative Sewing and Needlework Festival, now to be known as the Creativfestival . DH goes hunting twice a year and I decided that this year I was going to be a big spender and get a pass and attend a whole pile of workshop, make a whole weekend out of it! So I sat down this morning with paper and pencil, created a grid of the four days with morning, afternoon and evening and filled in the courses I REALLY wanted to attend. Then got the order form out, and started filling it in. That is when I read the registration and class information on page 56…. # 21. Babies, toddlers and children under 12 are not allowed in the classes. So now I can’t go. (insert tears and sadness here…) Caleb is still being nursed exclusively and I don’t see that changing in the near future. So, Caleb isn’t welcome, which means I’m not welcome. I will have to make due with a daytrip to the exhibition hall. I could try to have my Mom go with me and look after Caleb while I attend a class or two but my luck is that he will want to eat right in the middle of the class and I would have to leave anyways. Why are some places so against babies? I do understand (I work in a live performing arts complex) that there are times and places that children should not be but when their only means of food is a living, breathing person it makes it kind of hard! Oh well, the $310.00 I was going to spend on the pass will be used to purchase some more stash for me and maybe some new clothes.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Sorry to hear that you can't attend any classes, Rebecca. Well on the plus side, look at all the money you'll have to spend on stash! I took several classes previously, and unless there is a designer out there that you would love to meet and learn from, I don't know if the needlework classes are really worthwhile. And they are pretty expensive!

Kali said...

Sorry to hear you can't go as well. That should just be all the more reason to go the next time its held, plus you can hide away extra $ to shop while you're there. I've been to classes at festivals and EGA national seminar. After seeing how much they cram into those little rooms for each class I'm not surprised about the "no children" rule. We were tripping over ourselves in the room.