CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Friday, September 08, 2006

Molasses Bran Muffins

So as I've posted before, my time is currently limited and I have a tonne of things to put on here...probably close to a dozen recipes with photos, an update of my stitching as well as pictures of our BUTTERFLY who has come out in full colour and taken that giant leap into the air! Also some photos of the boys of course. So, I won't be putting everything up right now (Caleb is whining in his crib so I won't be online long) but just know to stay tuned as it will slowing be working its way onto the web! Molasses Bran Muffins From: Allrecipes.com

Submitted by: Mindy Prep Time: 15 MinutesCook Time: 20 Minutes Yields: 12 servings "These moist bran muffins are sweetened with molasses and filled with raisins." INGREDIENTS: 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 1/4 cups skim milk 1/2 cup molasses 1 egg, beaten 2 tablespoons vegetable oil 2 cups bran flakes cereal 1/2 cup raisins DIRECTIONS: 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. 3. In a separate medium bowl, mix skim milk, molasses, egg, and vegetable oil. Mix in the bran cereal and raisins. Thoroughly stir in the flour mixture. Transfer to the prepared muffin tin. 4. Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2005 Allrecipes.com
********** Before...
After...
These were much closer to the ones that my MIL makes that I could eat a whole dozen myself and then spend the next three days in the loo! I think that if I had used the last of the “soup” in the batter bowl and covered the visible bran flakes on the top then the whole muffin would have been moist and dense…but I didn’t and the tops are a bit crunchy which isn’t a bad thing, just different. These made a perfect dozen, which is nice because most muffin recipes make either 9 or 14…a pain in the behind when your muffin tin holds 12! So I would rate these a 4.5 out of 5 and if I could figure out how to get them a little darker (more molasses maybe or more bran?) and richer than they would be a 5!

0 comments: