CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Thursday, November 23, 2006

SBQ of the Week (08Nov06 and 16Nov06)

So I’m slower than normal at answering these but better late than never! With flooding basements etc it has been a little busy around here and of course I’m always trying to get ahead of the Christmas game but it never happens – I still have my Halloween decorations up! Guess that should be my job today, to get those down and maybe some of my Christmas stuff up. I decorate for the holidays with a snowman theme so I don’t mind them out a little early and then they stay up a little later as I don’t have the jolly one staring me down every step of every day. But on to the SBQ’s!

08Nov06 - SBQ was suggested by Jan and is: How many different brands of "complete" embroidery floss sets do you own? How do you keep track of it? (i.e., spread sheet program, index cards, palm pilot, etc.)

I own none. I’m working my way to owning the entire DMC line and each time that Michael’s has thread on for $0.33 I add another couple dozen to my stash. I keep track with a
spreadsheet I downloaded from the DMC site which I carry in my purse and check off the ones I’m purchasing. Of course, I had to bobbin and put all my current threads in order first but I now only have about 80 more to go…unless they start adding in a whole lot of new colours!
*****

16Nov06 - SBQ is: Do you stitch Christmas ornaments? If so, how many do you stitch each year and for whom? If not, why not?

I normally try to stitch at least a couple. Last year I stitched a Winnie The Pooh series that I kept for my tree (4 ornaments) and two others for family members. This year…so far only one and I think it will stay that way! I hope to in the future do more but they seem to take more time and I would rather be focussing on larger projects that need completing (like the apache wedding blessing that was supposed to be done for October). But the ornaments that I normally do are usually for family or close friends.

0 comments: