CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2007

My 100th post!

Hard to believe that in 9 months I’ve created 100 entries here. Thank you to everyone the reads and enjoys the entries even if you don’t post comments (*wink to Anna). I was debating all day as to what I was going to post about for this special entry and decided to post about what I always post about, my boys, stitching and cooking/baking. Oh if you were interested, here is "The First Post" I did.
Cameron is off for his spring break and already; three days in I’m ready to ship him off…to anywhere. Actually, I got smart and stock piled some cheap toys from the dollar store to keep him happy and at the moment he is playing with his Play-Doh for the first time in about 6 months. I took it away from him because he refused to pick it up when he was done, so this time he has promised me he will at least help clean up or it will disappear again.
Caleb is the ever-happy boy (or cheeky monkey as we call him). Growing by leaps and bounds each and every day. Currently he is trying to master how to drink from a bottle as well as how to stand holding anything so he will soon be walking/running and wrecking havoc on our lives…look out big brother, your toys are no longer safe!
Stitching, I have been doing some of that! I finished the three Lizzie Kate freebies and created a border around them as suggested by Kali, got them done and given to my MIL…without a picture taken! Oh well, my FIL has agreed to create a frame for the piece so I will be sure to take a picture once it is hanging on the wall of their home. And as of 3pm Saturday, March 10th I have completed ALL OF THE BACKSTITCH on the Apache Wedding Blessing!
HAPPY DANCE! Now I have to add the verse, wash and press it and then figure out how to ship it out to my friends in British Columbia. I’m also sending along the $$$ for them to have it framed out there to match the décor of their new home. Then it is on to the Happily Ever After piece for my brother and his wife-to-be who are tying the knot in less than 4 months! I received the fabric (Spring Garden, Silkweaver) and the threads are on order from Stitching Bits and Bobs. I’m still working on my Housework Whenever project and I think I have to get the wolves some light of day as well before my DH asks me again when that (not so) little project should be done. And of course there are countless others that I would like to sink my needle into. Cooking/baking…well we have been eating but I have been freelancing our meals without using a recipe. This has been a staple for the last few nights as I got broccoli for the basement bargain price of $0.66 a bunch! Broccoli Cauliflower Salad 1 head broccoli, cup up in bite sized pieces ½ head of cauliflower, cup up in bite sized pieces ½ red onion, diced ½ cup grated sharp cheddar ½ cup crumbled cooked bacon (I cheat and use the pre-cooked from the supermarket) Mix together in a large bowl. Then mix together well or shake in shaker the following: ¾ cup salad dressing (ie Miracle Whip) ¼ cup cream 3 tablespoons sugar salt & pepper to taste Mix everything together and serve immediately…the leftovers go mushy.
Anyway, hope everyone is well at your home and I look forward to the next 100 posts!

5 comments:

Alberta said...

Rebecca, what a wonderful 100th post...all our favorites, family, food and crafting! Keep it up!

Schokti said...

Happy 100th! My goodness, the boys are getting so big. Especially Caleb - babies aren't allowed to get bigger, are they? Sigh.

Kali said...

Glad the border worked! Can't wait to see a photo of the finished piece ;)

The Cookbook Junkie said...

Congratulations on your 100th post! Thank God for blogs - I haven't seen you over on AHL in a while but thanks to your blog, I know that you're alive and well.

Wendy said...

Congrats on your 100th post! Blogging is so much fun. Your wedding blessing looks fantastic. Your friends will be thrilled with it. I can't believe how much the baby has grown, almost not a baby any more.