CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Friday, May 11, 2007

Looking for your help...

This post is going to be TOTALLY non-stitching related. Instead, I'm hoping to pull on your heart strings (and in turn your $$$)...don't worry, if you don't have the money I understand.

For those that are not aware, my family was deeply affected two years ago when my then, 6 year old niece Emma was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. Since then our lives have changed greatly and we have all adapted as best we could.
The Walk to Cure Diabetes is Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation’s most powerful fundraising event attracting over 45,000 Canadians every year who are just as dedicated as we are to find a cure for diabetes. Visit http://www.jdrf.ca/walk for more information. This year’s Walk will be held on Sunday, June 3rd at Lemoine Point, Kingston. Please join us to find a cure for diabetes by sponsoring our neice Emma or nephew Andrew who is also walking to support his little sister.
If you are able, a donation of any amount would be greatly appreciated. You can do so online at Pledge A Walker with the search of Emma or Andrew Brown and following the steps indicated online.
If you are uncomfortable with this, please send me an email and we will find an alternative way... curt_reb@hotmail.com
I thank you, Emma thanks you,
and any child who has to deal with this every day for the rest of their lives....
THANKS YOU

1 comments:

Erin said...

Hello!! I just wandered by via....Dani?...Ann? Hmmm, I'm obviously blog-hopping this evening...

Anyway, I just wanted to say "thank you" for supporting diabetes research - more specifically, juvenile diabetes research. I'm 31 now, and have had Type I diabetes since I was 4. Despite being diagnosed before the invention of glucometers and insulin pumps, and many instances of misspent youth (!!), I have no complications. I keep hoping for a medical breakthrough, too!