CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Man eating theatre?

Some days it feels like the theatre has swallowed me whole, but alas, I have survived. On May 2nd, after being closed for 3+ years, I was part of reopening the GRAND THEATRE. And life hasn't slowed down one little bit since. I haven't had a chance to keep in touch with my friends as much and my poor boys... at times (I think) feel like Mommy isn't around at all. But I'm here...at least for today and tomorrow :-). (hint in there, if you are willing, I'm home looking for an excuse to relax and stitch...hint, hint, hint) I was supposed to work today as well but the boss told me she didn't want to see my face until Monday and if I brought any work home with me for the weekend she would be very ugly...so that is exactly what I did. I'm home with no work and not setting foot in the theatre until Monday morning. I have some GORGEOUS photos of the theatre (which I didn't take and will give full credit to Tim Forbes for taking) that I HAVE to upload so everyone can see what all the buzz is about. These are all on my work computer and I'm at home on my hubby's work laptop but I did find one on Tim's page so I will leave you with that! How about one of the newly renovated front of the theatre...

(And just for Dani -because I know she will know what it means and be interested... ISO 200 ~ f/7.1 ~ 1/6sec ~ 16mm)

Beautiful isn't it? And the inside is now breathtaking...I can't wait to share it all with you! We also launched our FIRST EVER season of shows with subscriptions so if anyone is interested in receiving a copy of the brochure/season, email the office at grandtheatre2@cityofkingston.ca and I'll be sure to have the staff mail one off!

2 comments:

Velda said...

It's so gorgeous isn't it! I really really really wanted to be there for last night's show but just couldn't swing it...I can't wait to go and check out a show soon!

Kathy A. said...

Beautiful old theater. Yes, rest, relax and stitch. It will all be there next week. I loved the info for Dani - you are right she would get it!