CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Well....

My first shift was actually training, so boring I could have poked my eyes out with a fork! Only one more training session and then I'm "on the floor". I laughed when I walked in, it is me and 12 high school students for the holiday season. I'm "the old lady" or "Mom" as some of the "kids" have nicknamed me already. I was just laughing when everyone was telling about who they are and what they like to do in their spare time...a lot of videogamers work at Chapters! But when I did my run down...married, two kids, full-time job, cross stitcher - the whole room was silent....then one of the trainers said "Oh good, I have this project I started and.....maybe you could finish it for me!". I told her I would help her with some of the stitches she was struggling with (algerian eyes) but I had enough on my plate at the moment! Once the training is over, things will be better. I feel very comfortable in the store (heck, I've spent HOURS there already) and with helping people make wise book choices. I know Velda was wondering what my schedule was and my first "on the floor" shift will be Thursday, November 13th from 10am - 5pm. I'll post some photos soon, I have a happy dance to snap and I have some photos of the kids from Halloween, these will all have to get "done" at work as my dial-up at home just doesn't cut the mustard!

8 comments:

Velda said...

Oh I'm sure it'll get better lol...I'll have to find you on a weekend shift hopefully sometime. I'll have you help me find some 'cross stitch books' and we can giggle quietly in the aisles lol

Beatrice said...

Oh good I'm glad it's working out for you! It actually sounds like it might be a fun job. Yup I love books. I was a manager at Coles books at Mirabel-Airport Que. 100 years ago[30+ really]
Best of luck! Is it in Kingston?
Yes bring your shoes that will be fun!

Wendy said...

Good luck on the new job, Rebecca! My DD worked at Chapters and loved it, of course that's also where she met her future hubby, so that might have had a lot to do with it.

AnnMcD said...

Have fun at Chapters Rebecca...having been a librarian I would I would love a part time job in a book store...if I wanted a part time job...oh yeah...I already have one...in a stitching shop It's fun too!
See you very soon!!!!

AnnMcD said...

Forgot to mention...I appreciated you comment on my blog...do they train you how to watch out for shoplifters? I need some tips!

Kathy A. said...

Good luck with the new job hon - One important thing to remember - DO NOT SPEND THE PAYCHEQUE WHERE YOU WORK lol.

Rebel In Ontario said...

But Kathy....I get a REALLY GOOD DISCOUNT! Ann, I'll be sure to share any tips they give me.

Lynn said...

I laughed at Kathy's comment and your reply.That's exactly what I'd end up doing! Hope it all works out for you.
Chapters has been on my list of possibilities when I retire from full time.
Looking forward to some pics of your recent finishes.
Sorry the SAL didn't work out this time. We'll plan again soon.