CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Slower than molasses in January!

That is my current internet situation...slow, slow, slow. I would have posted earlier with pictures from our weekend away (which was wonderful but exhausting) but I'm home sick and the 'net here will not support uploading pictures at all. So, we have a wonderful weekend away with the kids, even though I wasn't feeling 100%, turns out I "probably" had strep throat and a fever - no wonder I was feeling under the weather. So yesterday I went to the non-urgent care at the local hospital and after waiting for 4 hours to be seen was told that my throat looks very red, raw and sore - no foolin' guess why I was there! But they took a swab and told me to get lots of rest, lots of fluid *which feels like swallowing broken glass currently* and advil for the swelling and pain. If the swab comes back in 2-3 days as positive, they will call in a script for some antibotics....thanks. I limped thru the day at work yesterday and took my boss up on her offer for me to stay home today. So Caleb and I are spending the day with movies, cool drinks and a couple of naps. I haven't stitched much, I will show my progress on Spirit of Christmas from last week and ICK from this week sometime at the start of next week when I return to work. Today I started my February ornament. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, a long one here in Ontario with Family Day on Monday. And HAPPY VALENTINE'S to everyone on Sunday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. What a way to get a day off.
Hope you manage to get some stitching done and feel better soon.
Judie

Lynn said...

Glad you had a good time while away but I hope that sore throat didn't put too much of a damper on things. I feel for you. That "broken glass" swallow is sooo painful! Rest this weekend and with luck you'll be on the mend soon. Sounds like a made-for-stitching weekend. Don't you know it has healing powers!

Alberta said...

Sending you Get Better Soon wishes! Can't have you sick for your upcoming trip! Have a great weekend and Happy Valentine's Day!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Awww I'm so sorry to hear that you are sick and you weren't able to enjoy your weekend with the family as much.

Get better soon, that trip to BC is coming up!