CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Saturday, April 02, 2011

and where did March go?

Wow, hard to believe that March is gone and April is here already! March was very busy - as you can see from my lack of blogging (insert sheepish grin) but we did do lots! The weekend before March Break, Ann of Knowledge and Needles held her open house with all her Nashville finds...there was lots there but I was a good girl and only left my order for fabric and floss to start the Lizzie *Kate Christmas by The Letter ((c)2009). While we (myself, my Mother-in-law, Trista and her Mom Susan, and Beth) were there shopping, my husband and father-in-law whipped up this litte treat to have after supper... Mile High Peanut Butter Pie....you can find the receipe HERE.

After that we were treated to this amazing sunset....this was taken from the side of our house....

The kids had March Break at home, our teenager sitter Rhonda came for the majority of the week. We spent the day on Thursday at the family sugar bush, making some lovely sweet maple syrup.
The Sugar Shack
Tapped tree...the sap was barely running that day
And the pan full...boiling away
Then the boys spent the end of the week with their Grandparents. I worked (of course) and then spent the Thursday evening before the Timberhouse Retreat with Beatrice...stitching up a storm and teasing Kathy A. that I was sitting in her chair and drinking from her lighthouse mug :-) All in good humour and that evening was the start of the mini-vacation that I so needed. I didn't take one picture, but others did...Dani did for sure and she even snapped one of me! Since then work has been busy and the boys have been going a little stir crazy waiting for the warmer weather to arrive. That should be in the very near future...I think a walk is in order this afternoon. The only other thing that I had the pleasure of doing this past week was taking a day off work to spend with a friend from my childhood and her little man. I spent Thursday with Tracy and Kenton which was a wonderful way to kick off my birthday on Friday. I'll be back soon, I think I have to post for TUSAL tomorrow...I've been stitching a secret piece so there are lots of orts, I just can't show you what I'm stitching - SORRY!

2 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Hey Rebecca, I see it was your Birthday yesterday,,, Happy Birthday to you and many Happy Returns.
Love the sunset. Thanks for sharing that one.
Be always in stitches.

Kathy A. said...

Sending warm hugs and lots of love. Will see you soon I hope!