CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July TUSAL and....life

I was "gently" reminded by text today from a friend (Dani) that my blog was VERY out of date. So, I thought tonight was a good time to do a little update as well as get the TUSAL for this month in, even if it is close to two weeks late - better late than never!
Lots of brown in there from "the baby" and I started a new wedding piece in which I changed the colours, I'm stitching a Dimensions Happily Ever After for a wedding in September and the wedding colours are turquoise and chocolate brown, so I've converted the colours to DMC 801, 898,938 for the brown and 3844, 3845, 3846 for the turquoise - thus all the turquoise on the top of the pile.
Since school got out at the end of June - life has been busy. Working full time and trying to fit as much in a week as we can leads to very busy lives.
We decided to start the kids summer vacation off with a "BANG" - literally. We took the boys to Fort Henry to their opening Sunset Ceremony. We really enjoyed it as did the boys. I snapped a picture if them at the end of the evening with our friend Mark, who happens to be "head guard" of the Fort Henry Guard!
Cameron thought he might like to work there are a "teenager", which wouldn't be a bad job for the summer!
Then we have been spending as much time as we can at my grandparents cottage on Gananoque Lake with everyone catching Large Mouth Bass, including the boys.
All three of them with one of the "big ones"...
Caleb with his very first fish ever, which he reeled in all by himself!
Cameron's first fish of the year (2.2 lbs!)
And just for fun....my two cone heads :-)
I hope everyone is having a great summer thus far and I will try to keep everyone in the loop a little more often.

3 comments:

Beatrice said...

I love the fish wow the boys are quite the fishermen...congrats t for the whopper!

mdgtjulie said...

Wow, looks like you're having a great summer. can't wait to see your stitchy pics too. The boys look great in ALL their pics!! You can't beat summer when you're a kid!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Sounds like you're havig a lot of great summer adventures! Would you beleive I stupidly formatted my memory card before I uploaded my pictures from the day we joined you at the cottage. I've never done that and feel like an idiot for doing it!!!