CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

Friday, August 06, 2010

August?

How did that happen? I mean, it was July wasn't it? I can't believe how fast the summer is going by and how much I am really looking forward to the routine that fall will bring. Summer is the craziest time for me at work so I rarely take time off, but I made an exception this week as my friend Tracy (who I went to visit in Feb/Mar) and her family were here in Ontario to attend a wedding, a retirement party and a little vacation thrown in for fun. So I took the day off work on Wednesday, loaded my crew, plus Rhonda the babysitter in the truck and headed out to her parents cottage for the day. It was wonderful...here are a few pictures to prove it! Tracy and Kenton at the water Tracy and her Mom, Chris relaxing after supper Cameron, Rhonda (on the ladder), Colin and Caleb enjoying the lake

Tracy and Kenton
Don (Tracy's Dad) and Cameron out for a paddleboat ride
Cool dude Kenton with Mom's glasses
Colin, Kenton and Caleb, relaxing after supper
And I have been putting stitches in, I have two secret projects on the go which I can't show here but have been putting about 45 minutes a day in each and when I get sick of those then I seem to be turning to ICK....here are some process pictures I took this morning before leaving for work.
So I hope that everyone is having a fabulous summer, getting lots of sun, fun and stitching done!

7 comments:

Bonnie Brown said...

I know what you mean.
August seemed to just appear out of nowwhere!
Your ICK is looking great! I have mine just over half done.
Can't wait to see your other projects when you can eventually show us :)

Terri said...

Looks like a blast. That is one thing I miss about living in Ontario. I miss my lakes :) ICK is looking great. Also looks like you are almost finished :)

Kerry said...

Hi Rebecca,
It looks like you are having as busy a summer as me. I just got back from Lake Huron yesterday, my Mom lives in Saenia and we have a family cottage near Forest (just south of Grand Bend) I went with my Mom it is always so nice to be near the water. Looks like you and your family had a great time.
I love the project you are working on. I have been tempted to do that one and I may get it yet.
Hope you have a great August, maybe we will get a little time to stitch!!

Lynn said...

Looks like you had a fantastic day at the cottage! I'm glad you were able to get away for the day and spend time with Tracy and her family.
INK is coming along nicely. I really love the colours in it.
Hope you are enjoying the summer. Think of me at the August retreat. I'll be headed to my Mom's that weekend.

Dani - tkdchick said...

I'm glad you found the time to take a day off and enjoy your friends being in the province!

Wow ICK is almost done!

Alison said...

Rebecca, you don't know me, I am an old on line friend of Velda, Stitching Angel. I have been trying to locate her on line, after not hearing from her or her from me, for a couple of years. If you have a new blog address etc for her would you mind sharing it with me.

Cheers
Alison
boettcher6@telus.net

Lisa Macomber said...

WOW Rebel your stitching is amazing!! I should pay you to make Ella's birth record!! I made a sampler for Carson when he was born but poor second child Ella...started one, lost the pattern, cannot find the same one so she never got one!!